This really works your listening/remembering skills but also strengthens your versatility. It’s interesting to see how one change can completely shift a scene.
Time: 5-10 minutes
Improvise a short scene of 4-8 lines of dialog per person. It’s not important to repeat the words exactly, but if you have someone who can take notes it’s helpful.
Repeat the scene, based on suggestions of one thing that should change:
- a particular emotion in one/both of the players
- an era
- a location
- a genre of film/TV/literature
- etc. (in gibberish, backwards)
- Time the scene for 1 minute, and then replay in 30 seconds, 15 seconds, 7 seconds and 3 seconds.
- 2 other players recreate the scene (in a different style).
- Keep the dialog remains exactly the same (have someone type/write it out to help the players).